Monday, October 26, 2009

Review: Triple 8 Bumsavers Impact Shorts

They come in a mesh carrying bag with shoulder straps. Useless in my opinion for the shorts, but the bag would be good to put your dirty socks/clothes in while on a trip

Construction:
-Shorts are made of a great micro-mesh which is extremely breathable.
-Waistband is a thick heavy duty elastic, however it does not have drawstrings so they must be bought true to size.
- Seaming is double stitched seems fairly durable
-SUPER light!!!! I have to say I almost can't believe how light they are

Padding:
- Padding is perfectly placed throughout the shorts (they were designed for skating/boarding so this makes sense)
-Padding is fully integrated so it is not removable. Annoying if you need to customize ur padding areas, although for me they are placed perfectly
- Padding is just thick enough and for more flexability they are scored (small but amazing aspect!) When I bend my legs I almost don't even feel resistance from the pads.

OVERALL:

These shorts are extremely comfortable considering the fact they have 11 pads in them covering the entire buttocks area and the whole side of your upper leg. I purposely did a few "butt plants" on my hard wood floors to see if these things do their job. Result: the cushioning is amazing although I would say that for extreme circumstances, or long falls they may be lacking (but then again if you are falling 12-15 feet I guess any padding would make a minimal impact difference. Overall I am happy with my purchase and would say if you are on a budget, or looking for decent padding short of titanium body armor go for the buy!

Recommended Use: Any resort riding, park, Jumps not exceeding 10 ft verticals, glades, tame backcountry

Not Recommended for: Jumping off tall buildings, saving the world , or jumping Summit to Base in one single bound

Scale of 1-10: 7.65

1 comment:

  1. good review man, i woulda loved one of these on my last trip out

    ReplyDelete